- This event has passed.
HOME OPENER: VANCOUVER CANADIANS VS EUGENE EMERALDS
April 19, 2022 @ 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm$20
The Vancouver Canadians make their triumphant return to Nat Bailey Stadium after a two-year wait due to covid.
C’s fans will recognize a fair share of the 29 names that make up this year’s roster. 15 players on this year’s squad played for the Canadians in 2021 and six have appeared in at least one game at Nat Bailey Stadium.
The team will feature six of MLB.com’s Top 30 Blue Jays prospects:
- INF Leo Jimenez (#5), who hit .320 in 59 games across two levels last year
- RHP Sem Robberse (#7) is back after making seven starts for the C’s down the stretch in 2021.
- RHP Adam Kloffenstein (#11) gets set for a second go-round in High-A and a third stint with the C’s.
- INF Miguel Hiraldo (#12) is a career .277 hitter in 226 games over three pro seasons.
- RHP Chad Dallas (#22) led Tennessee to the College World Series with 122 Ks in 103 innings last year.
- RHP Trent Palmer (#23) pitched two seven-inning no-hitters down the stretch in 2021.
Two Canadian-born players are on the roster to start the season. C’s alums Will McAffer (North Vancouver) and Alex Nolan (Burlington, ON) will suit up for their home country’s only MiLB team.
17 Canadian provinces, U.S. States and territories are represented, led by Texas (three players), Florida (three) and Indiana (two). British Columbia, Ontario, Illinois, Nebraska, Massachusetts, Arizona, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Maryland, Virginia, Minnesota, New Jersey and Puerto Rico also send native sons to the team.
Internationally, the Dominican Republic (three), Panama (two), Mexico, Venezuela and the Netherlands are represented on the roster.